Can a dead or rotting tooth cause pain in any other teeth?
Will the pain go away if the tooth is removed?
Half of one of my molars got knocked out a few months ago and now the inside of it is black and rotting, the dentist said it has to be removed.
Since then i’ve been having pain in a few other teeth, the dentist didn’t notice anything wrong with them and then I read that a rotting or dead tooth can cause pain in other teeth, is this true?
THE EMPEROR
That is somewhat true only in the sense that the rot can actually SPREAD to other teeth, so if you want to keep all your teeth, I would get to a dentist STAT.
preachers daughter
Yes!!!! It can cause your whole face to hurt. Even swell if it abscesses. You need to have it pulled before it gets worse. a toothache is one of the most painful things.
Carly L
The infection in that tooth will likely spread to your other teeth, this is why you are feeling pain in the other teeth as well. I would definitely get that tooth taken out. It will help a lot of problems in the future. Good luck.
HeatherS
The tooth is probably abscessing now which can cause a large pocket of infection or pus to build up at the root of this tooth. Some times there is a fistula present which allows some of the pus to drain into the mouth giving it an escape route. If it doesn’t have a fistula, the pressure will continue to build and the pain will become excruciating. This pressure could be causing some of the other teeth to feel hypersensitive or pain. Some patients have sympathetic pain on the other side when a tooth is bad. Once it’s removed I’m sure the pain will go away and you will be fine. I wouldn’t hold off too long on having this tooth removed though, if it is abscessing now, the pain will become much worse over the next few days or weeks.
Anna E
The nerves in your teeth connect to the same main nerve in your upper or lower jaw. If you have pain in one tooth the pain can travel along the nerves and radiate to other teeth. I recently had a tooth that was decayed and needed to be removed. The pain I felt was in another tooth entirely. I didn’t think the dentist knew what he was talking about when he told me which tooth had the problem. He pulled it out and my other tooth quit hurting. He told me pain often radiates to other areas of the mouth.
What do you think? Answer below!
Orignal From: Can a dead or rotting tooth cause pain in any other teeth?
No comments:
Post a Comment