8.06.2011

Q&A: Is it bad to wear a clear nail polish everyday? What if it was a base coat to protect nails?


I like the look and the feel of clear-painted nails. It sorta leaves an impression that you care for them too even if you don't really ; ) (I don't have the time!).

So, I wanted to start wearing my nails with a clear-nail polish or maybe even a base coat since those are (I think) usually clear too : ) and they protect your nails.

Would this be bad? If not, which do you recommend for me to wear everyday : D?


bobo edited the following: Christel
no its not bad its actually good i aslo paint me nails clear all the time

bobo edited the following: Pam
Ive never heard of it being bad? lol Go for it! :D i too feel like nail polish protects my nails, without it i feel naked haha i cant even remember the last time i didn't wear nail polish. Im always wearing it and they look better than most peoples because i take care of them :)

bobo edited the following: flutter by
Can't see anything wrong with that and I'd try quite an expensive one as cheap versions don't always
last ,they tend to crack and peel off.

bobo edited the following: Angila :)
well i have heard it can be bad....the nailpolish might make ur nails yellow. but i think it depends on how long u wear em and all that stuff...its kinda a myth my family tells me..idk if its true cuz i dont wear much nailpolish

however my sister does and her nails are sorta yellow..she doesnt smoke or anything so im guessing its cuz of the nailpolish.

but i think i base coat would protect ur nails so the color doesnt seep in

bobo edited the following: Alice Smile
I practice nail art as a hobby and I would recommend that if you want to protect your nails you should wear clear polish at all times. It protects nails from moisture and scratches, and makes the nail surface thicker and less easy to bend.
Ignore rumours that nails need to "breathe"- they're dead. They don't need to breathe. Clear polish won't discolour your nails either only coloured polish without base coat can do that. Hope this helps.

bobo edited the following: .
sounds like a fine idea to me.



Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!


Orignal From: Q&A: Is it bad to wear a clear nail polish everyday? What if it was a base coat to protect nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment