Do countries with universal health care also provide dental coverage in that way?
Where I live in the US, dental costs have been reasonable so far. But I’ve heard of some people getting sacked with bills in the tens of thousands, so I ask for their sake and others who could get so ‘hit’.
Angela, eh?
I know that in Venezuela that some people get dental care for free (I have family there and I know that for a fact). In the UK, there is the NHS. NHS dental work isn’t free, though. But it is less expensive than if you go with a private dentist.
SJM
Here in the UK dental work is free for the under-18s, the elderly and people on low incomes. The rest of us have to pay a contribution to our dental fees but it is still heavily subsidised by our universal health care system (the NHS). Ive never had to pay more than about £15 (about US $ 25).
Katterine
Think about it as a huge HMO: Universal Dental Care will be provided to all, there will be copays, but you will be SEVERELY LIMITED on what procedures you can have. For unapproved procedures (what the GOVERNMENT would consider cosmetic, etc) you’ll just have to go to a private dentist, if there will be any left, or fly abroad.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Orignal From: Do countries with universal health care also provide dental coverage in that way?
No comments:
Post a Comment