Is there beauty in a drabby grey sky
a little moisture trickling down
not enough to call it rain
cats are wet and playing fine
looking at their fur sublime
looks like diamonds standing free
those little droplets of drizzle
oh, I see great glory there
plants standing taller to drink it in
heavens tears falling softly
not wanting to bruise anything
as my head pounds stronger still
my nostrils try to completely fill
Thyme scented breezes blow my way
calming my heart--my head, no way!
(last I knew, grey could be spelled that way...)
Keisha--my day job is cleaning my house, can't quit that...thanks for the comment.
Lilly45--beautiful pic! thanks for sharing it!
poetry critiques, I wrote this on the fly and reading it again, there are problems with the flow...big time!
bobo edited the following: Keisha
uhhm It is nice but I would not quit your day job
bobo edited the following: lilly45
It's always a surprise - to step out of the house - and see wet sidewalks - and the plants wearing crystal drops. Did it rain - I say. Or just that heavy fog having its way ♥
http://www.scherergardens.com/Heavy%20fog.jpg
bobo edited the following: Semper Fi Rebirth
Beauty is something i see in all things.... Oh and Keisha, please don't critique what you have no understanding of.
bobo edited the following: DAHha
The beauty of the great outdoors.
thyme scented
bobo edited the following: ma
You nailed the scene big thyme!
ma
bobo edited the following: shirleyf
You described perfectly the morning we had here today. I love this. You captured the magical feeling that a quiet, misty, day can feel like. It does stumble a little in one spot, but, not a big deal. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed reading this.
bobo edited the following: ♫popsy♥wopp♫
Keisha does not have a clue that poetry is not a job, it is a passion and if you have passion you should be able to see a good write.... If you have nothing but negativity you will never see the rainbows for the rain.
Beauty my dear is in the eye of the beholder... the dew on a spiderweb to me is a beautiful thing,, but the cute jumping spider on my dash jumping towards me was not...
bobo edited the following: Mizzy
Lovely rhyme!
always, keep your eyes open
from the rainbows in oil spils on parking lots
to red winged black birds in flight
it is out there
bobo edited the following: Shannon
My assumption here is that with rare exception offerings are rather fresh and subject to revision and or possible typos. Yes, grey can go either way. I am sure you will assign the words of a hundred-pointer the weight they deserve. I happen to like it and feel certain you'll fix anything that needs it when it is no longer 15 minutes old. Rain and a headache work for me. Monsoons bring a lot of both. Yep, I like it a lot.
bobo edited the following: jenny
Almost as if you have been looking out the same window as I have been doing today, But far not the lovely garden photo link Lily posted.
I liked your poem.
What do you think? Answer below!
Orignal From: What is beauty to you? care to take a read? critiques always welcome.?
No comments:
Post a Comment