Can braces cause enamel to crack and teeth to compress?
Can dental braces cause small cracks on teeth enamel? Can braces cause the shape of the teeth to change due to the sheer force they put on teeth? I got my braces weeks ago and I noticed a small line on one of the pressured spots. And also a spot where the tooth seem compressed and there is a new groove.
Babylove
good question!!!
Susy
Maybe they have made the brace to tight. I think you should go to your orthodontist ASAP and make sure you are getting plenty of calcium to strengthen your teeth!
mentaldental
If your tooth has a filling or is otherwise weakened, the force of the braces might cause a fracture. I don’t think it would bend or compress the enamel – the tooth is harder than the bone underneath, so the bone is what undergoes a change in shape. In any case, speak to your orthodontist about your concerns so they can check for problems.
Give your answer to this question below!
Orignal From: Can braces cause enamel to crack and teeth to compress?
No comments:
Post a Comment