How can you prevent bad breath from capped teeth?
My front teeth are capped and no matter how many times I brush them a day, they cause horrible bad breath. Is there any way I can change that?
Nikki
It may not be your teeth at all but your digestive system or from lack of lossing. You may also have old food trapped under your capped teeth causing the odor. Have a dentist (not the one who put your caps on) check it out.
Nebula D
I’m a dentist.
“Capped” teeth don’t cause bad breath. Decay, however, can. Unfortunately, caps, like any other dental work can get decay under them.
Keep in mind, though, that there are other causes of halitosis. Periodontal disease, infections of the oropharynx, and GI problems can too. Dry-mouth can cause bad breath as well. Believe it or not, using rinses like Listerine freshen your breath just briefly, but they ultimately dry out your mouth and cause halitosis within minutes after use.
One of the things I tell my patients who ask about it is to chew sugarless gum. Keeping a steady flow of saliva can help significantly.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Orignal From: How can you prevent bad breath from capped teeth?
No comments:
Post a Comment