8.27.2011

What recipe can you absolutely nail every time?


By nail, I mean it's perfect every time. If you care to, leave your recipe, and I would love to try it!
aknaswonder, are you married? Lol! That's awesome!


bobo edited the following: gotohellby
boiled egg (hard)

bobo edited the following: KellyDW81
lasagna . . . .i mean of course you CAN mess it up but if you stick to the basics you cant go wrong. . . ..
lasagna noodles
meat sauce (jar sauce, ground beef, maby sausage)
ricotta , egg, mozzarella mixture
layer it. . .and cook it! ! !
good luck

bobo edited the following: John
Chocolate chip cookies. I have a recipe for ones that use oatmeal and for ones that don't (the latter being a modified version of the Toll House recipe).

bobo edited the following: aknaswonder
Frijoles
Enchilada sauce and enchiladas
Machaca
Carnitas
Tamales
Guacamole
Chili Verde
Chili Rojo
Greek Chicken and Potatoes
Beef Stroganoff
Rouladen
Ribs
Garlic Toast
Chicken Paprika
Marinara Sauce
Basic Basil Pesto
Stuffed Pork Chops
Pozole
Prime Rib
Shrimp Dishes
Beef Barley and veg stew
Clam and shrimp chowder
Fresh Pumpkin Pie
Cobblers

Not trying to brag, I'm just pretty good at cooking and rarely write down any recipes. Been a chef, and just cook a lot for family now. My father is a wonderful cook, and I just take after him in that respect. Friends and family encourage me to write a recipe book, but then I'd have to measure and all that. lol

bobo edited the following: HELLO
ok well it like a fruit dish you have a bananna ,apples ,strawberryies, etc and fruit add strawberry jelly on it and it is a fruit cup dish! it taste really good especially with just bannanas !!!!!1

bobo edited the following: Kimberly
I have a perfect quick pasta sauce recipe. It's awesome because if you're missing some of the non-necessary ingredients (i.e. things other than the tomato stuff and white wine), you can substitute them for other things!

1) Saute 1 chopped onion in olive oil until just caramelized. Then add some minced garlic (however much you care for), and saute until fragrant.

2) Add canned, diced tomatoes. I add about 1 can per 2 people, but that's just a guideline. Also, my family doesn't eat a lot, so it stretches pretty far. Let come to a simmer, and add at least 1 tbsp of tomato paste to every 3 cans of diced tomato. Toss in some salt, freshly ground pepper, and about 1/4 cup of white wine. Let simmer for about 5-10 minutes, depending on how much you're making, but be careful to avoid reducing the sauce too much (only tricky part of the recipe).

3) Toss in some diced sweet Italian sausage (mild is about the same). If you can't find that, try just about any type of spiced meat you can find. I've had amazing results with Andoullie sausage and adding a jalapeno for a Cajun flavor, but that's just me. You can either fry the sausage beforehand, or just toss it in. Note: If you choose not to fry it first, put a lid over your saucepan. This will allow the sausage to cook completely without reducing your sauce too much.

4) Just before removing from the stove, toss in about 1 tbsp of sugar, fresh oregano to taste (dried works too, but add less. It's potent), and a heavy pinch of dried basil. Let rest for about 3-5 minutes. Serve over pasta.

Honestly, I keep all the ingredients on hand at all times. It's awesome and delicious and fast and I haven't met a person in the world who hates this. Really. If you have roommates, don't keep leftovers. They'll eat them.

bobo edited the following: Heather
Here is my recipe that I love to make. It comes out perfect every time!

http://easy-healthy-and-cheap-recipes.blogspot.com/2009/11/tasty-chicken-wing-and-drumstick.html

Hope you enjoy!



What do you think? Answer below!


Orignal From: What recipe can you absolutely nail every time?

No comments:

Post a Comment