7.24.2011

How should a 35 year old mommy of 2 kids take care of herself..beauty and health?


I have a lot of low self esteem because I don't feel pretty no more...I don't even know how to take care of myself no more...I really hope to hear from moms that take time to care for themselves....what is it you do...how many times do you take pedicures or pamper your skin...what products you use to help you glow.
What is it you do for your hair and where do shop for good clothes that look appropriate for a 35 yr old mommy of 2 kids.
I do have a decent spending power...I sometimes wonder can I hire someone to train me to take care
of the woman in me...i have no idea how

Its funny when I was younger...just by wearing god clothes I looked good and now I feel nothing looks good on me...i have more body hair with my changing pregnancy hormoned....blotchy skin
I feel Yuckkkkk


bobo edited the following: Ginny Jin
Buy yourself a new handbag every once in a while. You can get a free makeover at the beauty counter.

bobo edited the following: te verde
First of all, you must know that most kids would be happy and love to have a mum who looks good and confident. They will be proud.

Starting from hair, I shampoo my scalp everyday but leave my hair from mid way down to conditioner only. I will use a hair mask prior to hair washing twice a week. As I have very long hair so hair serum is a must for me from mid way down plus leave in conditioner at hair ends (roughly about 10 cm).
Occasionally I will use volumizing hair mousse for the really big curly hair effect and will go hair salon to get my hair set nicely for special events.
I visit hair salon once every 3 months to have my hair trimmed and once every 6 months for coloring plus treatment.

Daily face cleansing routine for day and night will be gentle cleanser, non-alcohol toner, repair serum, oil-free moisturizer & sunblock with SPF 30 (for day only)
I will use gentle face scrub 3x a week after cleanser and apply different type of masks (mud / sheet / cream).
I have my collagen or Q10 facial treatment done by professional practitioner at beauty salon at least once a month.
I seldom use makeup but if I do, clear makeup primer, black eyeliner pencil, black mascara and clear lip balm are all what I usually use. Makeup remover and eye & lips makeup remover are must use if I do apply makeup.

I do pedicure and manicure at home once a week and once or twice in nails parlor per month.

I use body scrub at least 3x a week and apply body butter every time after shower. I apply hand cream very often as I wash my hands very often too and will apply foot cream on bed at night before sleeping.
I do my brazilian and under arms waxing once a month in the beauty salon when I go for facial treatment. I also use hair remover cream at home for the grown out hair.

I don't shop a lot now as comparing to before having kid but will always try to get something new for every season or special occasions just to pamper myself.
No most preferred or favorite shops for me as I usually just pop into any shops when I feel like but Accessorize is a good place for nice accessories, Aldo and Nine West have nice shoes, Levis, Miss Sixty and Fornarina have nice jeans, Mango, Zara, H&M, Bebe, Bershka and etc have pretty nice clothing at comfortable prices and as for bags, I think I will suggest Chloe, Prada, Balenciaga, Anteprima which are not so common if you would like to splurge on one.

Please remember that you are not just a beautiful woman but also a beautiful mum so brace yourself up and move forward in achieving the dream you which you were and want to be.



Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!


Orignal From: How should a 35 year old mommy of 2 kids take care of herself..beauty and health?

No comments:

Post a Comment