How common is gum recession with a lip piercing?
I want to get a lip piercing very badly, but my parents are saying no because they read it causes awful gum recession. I need to know how common the chances are of gum recession. Also are there any studs/rings that have backs to them that won’t rub on the gums as much?
Britt.
VERY, the metal rubbing on yer gums is also really uncomfortable at first but otherwise anything with a plastic backing helps but its still gonna receed a little
Mally
It’s pretty common. I had two lip studs on my bottom lip for 5 years and though it’s not horrendous by any means, it’s still there. I doubt anyone but my dentist would notice though. But it’s nearly impossible to get a lip piercing where it won’t rub against your gums since you move your mouth quite a lot and nothing is going to stop the backs of piercings from rubbing.
Miley
I’ve had a lip piercing since I was 16 and am now 21. I’ve noticed no gum recession. In fact, my lip ring doesn’t touch my gum, just my tooth. I just tried, I have to squash my lip down for the ring to touch the gum.
I have full lips, but not that big.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Orignal From: How common is gum recession with a lip piercing?
No comments:
Post a Comment