5.02.2011

Q&A: Help with nail care please?


No real problem but am mid-age and my nails are need up a nail-lift. I do not like to color my nails, but now that winter is approaching I want to become proactive in doing something with my cuticles. Suggestions, should I get my nails done professionally, or can you suggest of specifics to purchase to do it myself. I have healthy nails, but I just want to beautify them some, but am not up on the current ways to approach the problem. If any one has any real suggestions, please share with me. I am a rather low maintenance person, but with a little time would like to improve my nails/fingers. Thanks in advance for any replys. ; )
Thanks for the answers so far, but my main question is controlling the cuticles and the whole area around the nails. What tools to buy and products to help maintain them....I did think that going professional first might be the way to go. How do you prevent from infection? Thanks....!


bobo edited the following: Julieee
I wouldn't suggest getting them done unless you are just going to do a regular manicure. Acrylic nails will RUIN your nails.

If you do not want to color your nails, I would use just a clear nail polish that strengthens your nails. You can find it at Sallys Beauty Supply for about $ 5 and it will make your nails look nice and clean.

Or, you can get a good nail buffer at a beauty place.
It makes your natural nails nice and shiny :D

bobo edited the following: Dizzy D
I would suggest getting your nails done professionally too. Be wary of infections though. Many salons will use tools that you bring in. Also make sure that you don't cut your cuticles... rather push them back.

bobo edited the following: t123
i would suggest that you get a manicure just to get them "jumpstarted" then i would use opi's base coat for natural nails (its clear) and apply plenty of lotion :)

bobo edited the following: Homemade
check the links below for beauty tips to:-- * Nail - diffects and damages & its cure.
http://geebal.blogspot.com/2006/08/natural-nail-care-tip.html#name1

check the links below for beauty tips to:-- * Manicure at home.
http://geebal.blogspot.com/2006/08/home-made-nail-care-tip-on-manicure.html#name1

check the links below for beauty tips to:-- * Pedicure at home
http://geebal.blogspot.com/2006/08/natural-home-made-tip-on-pedicure.html#name1



Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!


Orignal From: Q&A: Help with nail care please?

No comments:

Post a Comment