5.12.2011

Q&A: Are Asian beauty products cheaper in Asia or America?


I plan to go to South Korea soon and I'm interested in picking up a few asian beauty/skin care products (namely japanese and korean brands). Obviously I assumed that they would be cheaper in asia, but a friend of mine said that they're actually more expensive over there.
So would brands like Skin Food, Skin79, Shiseido, Laneige, and Boscia be more affordable in South Korea?


bobo edited the following: InfiniteKPOP
If you buy like local brands (the ones that aren't so known internationally) it would be cheaper in Asia. I'm from Asia myself and when I lived there I bought loads of Japanese/Korean/Taiwanese products. If you do go to Singapore expect it to be much cheaper.

I'm just saying this because I'm Asian and if I compare it to the ones my dad buys me from Europe (like Elizabeth Arden etc) it's way cheaper! Just don't buy directly from the airport or you'll really be ripped off. You should try going to local pharmacies and you'll usually find every product you need.~

bobo edited the following: Kate[케이트]♀
Well, it makes sense that a product would be cheaper in its home country than abroad. Korean products are by far cheaper in Korea. -- B.B cream for example .. a 10$ bottle here would cost you maybe 20~25$ in the States with shipping and everything.

bobo edited the following: Enoki
I think their more cheaper in Asia because of the currency exchange rate, like how 100 won is like almost $ 1. It'll be more expensive in America because the products are good and its from Asia =]

bobo edited the following: Denesse
It really depends how much money you have and what you think is affordable for you. It is cheaper in Korea if it was not known internationally like covergirl and that stuff. But if it was something that was sold it in it would be kind of expensive but if it was sold just is South Korea it would be cheaper. If it was internationally known, it might be more expensive because it comes from the different country but it really depends on the product. Like i have never heard of those things so it might be cheaper in Korea.

An opinion is to search up a Korean store online and search up the product

Hope this helped :)



Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!


Orignal From: Q&A: Are Asian beauty products cheaper in Asia or America?

No comments:

Post a Comment