2.28.2011

Q&A: I'm trying to stop biting my nails but don't know anything about general nail care?


The skin around my nails still looks really rough, and I'm tempted to bite it, but I grab a file and sand it down. I don't know if this is a good idea or not.

Here's what I've been doing every morning:

Remove nail polish
Shower/wash hands
Apply nail creme
Apply nail hardener/growth polish (I don't know if it'll even work, but it seemed like a good idea)
Use hand creme

I also use the nail creme again at night, and hand creme throughout the day. I thought maybe just by taking better care of them, it would be easier to break the habit. Working so far, but it's only day three...


Answer by Misete Kanjou
Don't file them down, just put a yucky tasting polish on them. You can get it from drugstores. Or what I did is I told myself that if I stopped biting my nails and grew them out, they could be long and pretty. And they are, yay! ^^

Answer by Lena
Go to any beauty store like Ulta or Sally Beauty and ask if they have the stuff that you put on your nails and it prevents you from biting them. It tastes really bad so thats why it prevents you. You could also try getting your nails done more often.

Answer by ?
put false nails on ! i had this problem to but i put false nails on polished them as i like you wont pick at them!clip the hang nails and take care of ur cuticles and if ur still tempted to bite clip them to a shorte length. false nails helped me after i took em off i didnt bite or pick even half as much



Add your own answer in the comments!


Orignal From: Q&A: I'm trying to stop biting my nails but don't know anything about general nail care?

No comments:

Post a Comment