2.21.2011

How should I care for my big toe (missing good chunk of nail)?


Last week my toe nail ripped. I've kept it on for protection I guess. But it just ripped off completely. So one side of my toe nail has quite a bit missing. I know it's going to take forever to grow back.
Should I attempt to file where it ripped? Keep it wrapped in a band-aid? Any precautions?


Answer by Sean
Put neosporin on it and put it in a bandaid if it's still tender.. If not just file it down and let it grow.

Answer by tj
get out clippers and cut what remains as straight as possible (don't bend or flex nail to cut more), you don't want more damage. Apply ice, for 10 min at a time, and wrap with a clean cloth (possibly an old sock or washcloth that you are ready to trash, then put on a sock over it before you go to bed.

Answer by taylor b
A. If I were you I would put neosporine on it and a band-aid for a couple days. Make sure you wash it off and watch for any signs of infection. Do not file it! You could cut the skin of your toe and that could cause an infection also.
B. If you have diabetes then you need to see your doctor because diabetics have such bad issues with their feet.

Hope this helps!



What do you think? Answer below!


Orignal From: How should I care for my big toe (missing good chunk of nail)?

No comments:

Post a Comment