2.05.2011

how do you care for a finger after the nail falls off?


my son got his finger slammed in a dorr about 2 weeks ago.
I noticed the nail was turning white and lifting so I just kept it clean .
however after my sons bath tonight I noticed it's barely hanging on....it's gonna fall off now, just a matter of time ( at the rate my son is picking at it, I'd say an hour tops lol )

is any special care required once it falls off?
I'm assuming just some neosporin and continue to keep it clean?


Answer by QweenB
ya you would just keep it clean and neosporin and a bandaid. *AND MAKE SURE HE DOESNT PICK AT IT!!!!!*

Answer by mac
You have to stop him from picking at it so put neosporin on it and a bandaid...it will fall off on it's own and then keeping it clean will be your only issue....he has to stop picking because he can cause a serious infection...

Answer by suzanne b
It wouldn't hurt to have the Doctor/Nurse/Pharmacist have a
look.(Caution before ALRIGHT I TOLD YOU SO"s)
Suzanne......................

Answer by isLanDgiRL
I believe you're doing a job now cleaning it and making sure it doesn't get infected. His nail will eventually fall off, but it'll grown back. I would recommend just keeping it bandaged up and clean- no special care necessary.



Add your own answer in the comments!


Orignal From: how do you care for a finger after the nail falls off?

No comments:

Post a Comment