2.12.2011

Do people care too much about beauty, and materials?


I know people who are like obssesed with beauty, and materials. I personally think that beauty is over rated, I mean people test animals and hurt them just for cosmetics, they kill animals for clothes, and they scar themselves for beauty. what do you think?


Answer by sweetcherrypie_beauty07
i would say, yeah, but i like makeup, cruelty free makeup, but i wouldn't go through drastic meaures for beauty.

Answer by hereecomesxthesun :]
Yes they definetly do care too much!!

Answer by genius
yea absolutely.

Answer by mocdip
Quite personally, yes I feel like beauty is getting to be really over rated. It's a bit hard for me to go to school and see some girls who obsess over their make up and whatnot. And yes I really hate it when people decide to do tests on animals like they don't feel any of it. But I suppose it's human nature for us to feel the need to look pretty. My advice, moderation.

Answer by Patricia D
Of COURSE they do. How do you think so many companies dealing with fashion and beauty can make so much profit!!

Look at the Cosmetic Surgeons business! Beauty business equals BIG BUCK$ !! And mostly only those WITH bug BUCKS can afford it!! It's a circle of conspicuous excess....

Thank GOD not EVERYONE is caught up in it!! There are some real people in this world who are thankful and grateful for the life, body and features God gave them...

Answer by tedlynn30th
Yes. It's because of all the television coverage. It's crazy. Someone like Dolly Parton (60) doesn't have a wrinkle. I love Betty White. She's growing old with dignity.

Answer by David
It comes from our ancestors; healthy men and women make healthy children! That is why most of us are in really good shape. We have figured out how to EXPLOIT this deep emotion and sell, sell, sell beauty and strength.

It works, too! Look at cell phones. We use them to make calls. Now they have names and videos. All extra costs! But we pay, pay, pay.

Answer by Kristina B
I know! Why do they have to murder the poor, innocent animals? If they wanna scar themselves and spend their whole life worrying about something that's not that important, then fine, they can go ahead with it. But they should not take out their idioticness on those who want nothing to do with it! I mean, what the hell! It is just appearance! There are so many more important things like brains, health, happiness. And even the most beautiful person in the world won't stand a chance against someone with a great personality! Because beauty, i believe, only creates physical longing, and that usually doesn't lead to a good outcome.

Answer by houstongirl77084
Yeah but society says so and some people are not strong enough to say I do not care what John Q Public thinks

Answer by ☞~rose~☞
Beauty is not a bad thing however being obsessed about it is another story.
Killing animals JUST for the sake of testing products or for clothing is overkill I agree.
The industries are making millions off of our stupidity because they have us convinced that we need these things to be accepted by society.



Add your own answer in the comments!


Orignal From: Do people care too much about beauty, and materials?

No comments:

Post a Comment