follow up on cat dental cost?
My cat is a healthy 5 years old , has been under the care of same vet since I got her.I am 77 years old on social security and would have to charge the cost of the dental care, my vet is aware of this .Is part of a medical group with set charges in a middle class area.
Cynthia
Every vet has their own rates,no matter the area.
naps with cats
Explain your financial situation to the receptionist, ask her to please go ask the vet or vet tech if there is a discount for the elderly on a small fixed income because your cat really needs the dental care (talk a lot of your love for your cat and her health). Most Vets (that I’ve been to) have money set aside that is donated to them where they will help you out substantially with the cost. They don’t advertise this, but many Vet offices do this. (The Vet Tech’s do the procedure anyways).
They care about your cat, too. Talk pleadingly as opposed to a “not fair” type tone and I think you’ll make some gainway(sp?)(word??) lol
If not, you may try checking out some other Vets that have this program (it’s generally a secret program they never advertise or they’d be overloaded with everyone, including people with lots of money would try to abuse.
But you need it – give it a try!!
Best of luck to you and your beloved cat!
RiveR
In my area, the average cost of just the cleaning is about $ 120-200. This price can go up drastically if any extractions are required.
I would suggest calling several vets and getting basic price quotes, and what the price includes. Some vets will add in a bath, nail clipping, and anal gland expression with the price.
What do you think? Answer below!
Orignal From: follow up on cat dental cost?
No comments:
Post a Comment