Can I reverse gum recession by better flossing?
My periodontist recommends that I get gum surgery (free soft tissue graft) to help repair some deep pockets (5mm) and severe gum recession. Although I have been flossing, I certainly could have been more regular and diligent with it. Does anyone know if gum recession can be reversed with better flossing?
Thanks
Seeker of Wisdom
NO! Get the surgery! ASAP; it can get really bad, really quick, and flossing will not help to get rid of it, I have gone through the same experience, trust me.
Jeanmarie
Gum recession is caused by 2 things.
1-aggresive brushing side to side with a harder tooth brush.
Make sure you buy a power brush with soft bristles. Run it under hot water if you must to get it soft. Over lap the bristles on the gums inside and out to brush teeth well.
2-Gum disease.
Floss, use power brush, get surgery-get root planing.
The gums will NOT grow back-sorry.
What do you think? Answer below!
Orignal From: Can I reverse gum recession by better flossing?
No comments:
Post a Comment