I think it's sad but, I've witnessed this all throughout school and even in my adult life: people only seem to buy nice things, dress up, and be a part of beauty & style, not because they're into it, they like it, fashion, grooming, beauty, etc, but because they see that 'everyone else is doing it," and it appears cool, so if they don't do it, then they're total losers, and left out, and will be treated badly.
Though...ultimately the people who are a part of beauty&style, including the people who genuinely care for it,...end up thinking they're superior or better than people who aren't a part of it, so they also participate in creating this whole conformist attitude, so in the end,
what was supposed to make you individual, define you, and make you more beautiful and stylish...as an individual,...
ends up making you into a conformist sheep.
It's sad but that's most of suburban America. No one has their own unique style, and it's all about conformity. Wear abercrombie, wear this, wear that.
Now girls HAVE to get certain hot clothes, and wear makeup and look pretty, not because they really want to, but because they feel PRESSURED to because "everyone else is doing it," and all the hot and popular and pretty girls are doing it, and if they want to be a part of that, they feel pressured to "conform."
Same thing with guys, they feel pressured to have the big jobs, look great, be gym buffs, etc.
Isn't it sad though? All this stuff lost its original meaning which was really to help you out,...and now it's all about conformity and fitting in.
bobo edited the following: s-X-E
its totally sad...........they're all just a bunch of no brain preps
bobo edited the following: Sweet Pea
AMEN!
bobo edited the following: She's Gone
You know what, i totally agree with you.
I went to an all-girl highschool, and i used to always feel a little left out, but it was never enough for me to go ahead and try to fit in. Point was, i was still young, i didnt make my own money, and damnit a private school is pretty darn expensive! so i had to do with what ever i could get from my parents and the little money that i would make on the side (babysit...chores)
whenever we were allowed to dress-up/down for school, it made me feel a little uncomfortable because girls would always go with 300 dollar outfits.....(why on earth would you spend 100 dollars on shoes that you're going to grow out of is beyond my knowledge)
there will always been people like that out there and they're just not comfortable being themselves so they feel like they need a piece of everyone else
let them be
lol
:-)
now, i dont give a rat's ass, i'm me, i do as i please, and if you don't like it well...you want a biscuit or what? lol
bobo edited the following: <3
Stop trying to twist something simple around and make it all deep and complicated.
bobo edited the following: CharChar-x
Most girls who went to my school did 'hair and beauty' just because they thought it was cool (N)
doesn't bother me, more jobs for the rest of us ;)!
bobo edited the following: angeljenuk
I think that some people do but at the same time there will be people who make their own minds up about style and life in general.
I love clothes and shoes and make up and faffing with my hair! I enjoy girly pampering stuff and that is why I shop and primp! Not because I feel pressurised into it but because it is some thing that I enjoy.
When I was younger there was a certain pressure to conform but I stuck to my style and clothes that I love rather than what was popular.
It's about personal integrity. Are you strong enough to be who you are no matter who is watching? Or would you rather fit in?
What means more to you who you are or what other people think of you?
xxx
xx
x
bobo edited the following: Katie N
i really do agree with you. but im not that girl. i don't go out and buy all the hottest styles and i don't match with everyone else. i do care what i look like and i do care about that stuff. but not enough to change who i am. it is sad that people all have to have the expensive and best stuff but they look and act the same. its just really sad.
bobo edited the following: 蟋蟀
You know what the most depressing part about that is? This has been going on for, literally, thousands of years.
bobo edited the following: MissKatie2o06o2
I love fashion - make-up, clothes, hair, all of it. I dont do anything because I see other people doing it. Yeah, I have seen a style in a a magazine or something, and I liked it so I tried to recreate it. But never did anything because it was whats "in" or whatever. I like that fashion is a form of art. Its a way of expressing ourselves externally. I love doing peoples hair and make-up and helping them pick out their wardobe because I love the smile and expression on their face, when they look in the mirror and they feel 10x more confident and better about themselves. I do nothing to fit in - I was born to stand out. I highly believe in that saying because we all have our own taste, our own style, whether we choose to show it or not is totally optional. Some people arent talented enough to throw stuff together, and look exceptionally fashionable, so they do whatever seems to be "in" during the time. IDK I do love fashion though, I love everything about it. I love to express myself through other peoples beauty. Its a wonderful feeling.
bobo edited the following: just me
who cares? rate me
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Agvhb_Y_Kspj_jU0KaVSJuHsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090303094312AA3Vuao
Add your own answer in the comments!
Orignal From: Aren't most people into Beauty & Style because it's popular, and not because they really care for it?
No comments:
Post a Comment