6.29.2011

when did you start brushing babies teeth?

when did you start brushing babies teeth?

my son is 10 months almost and has 4 teeth getting a couple more. I bought the infant and toddler tooth paste and brush is it to early? when did u start brushing your little ones teeth?


Landon & Danica’s Momma
5 months. the day his 1st tooth popped thru


Anita Blake
I started brushing her teeth as soon as they were in. I used the infant toothpaste that’s safe to swallow. She was like 12 months when she started getting teeth


neurotic.carrie
I started brushing my daughters teeth when she had 2 front and 2 bottom teeth. I don’t think its to early at all because the sooner you start the quicker they will learn to not swallow the toothpaste. She is 3 now and I still have problems with her swallowing the tooth paste! Of course as long as it is fluoride free!


I Haz A Bucket! 2G’s2B’s
Actually before they had teeth…To get them used to it…They were about 5 months when we started with a toothbrush rather than the washcloth i used to wipe out their mouths before that. They got teeth about 7-8 months..


Its not too early just use a flouride free paste so if he swallows it it will be fine.


Lel
as soon as my children got their fisrt teeth, i started brushing them (about four months old). For the first few months i just used a wet cloth and gently wiped with that, as their gums are really sensitive and a baby toothbrush can still seem really stiff. I didn’t even use toothpaste, as there’s really no need to. Adults use toothpaste simply because it’s nicer for us, not because it’s necessary, and even baby toothpaste is not really safe to swallow a lot of as it can affect their growing teeth.

I suggest starting with the cloth in the bath and just rubbing really gently at first, while letting him hold and chew on the toothbrush. When he’s used to the brush, start using that. There’s no need to use any paste yet, but if you do, just a very small amount on the brush is fine.

Good luck


Add your own answer in the comments!




Orignal From: when did you start brushing babies teeth?

No comments:

Post a Comment