Lately my parents have kept trying to get some approval from me that my sister is going in some beauty pageant. I however have no respect for my sister. I moved out of my mothers house when I became legal age and never spoke to her since. To date, I constantly hear from my stepfather she manipulates my mother into spending exorbitant amounts of money on her, shopping, constantly eating out, etc etc. She hasn't been to high school in 2 years, had a truancy charge filed against her from the school, they finally kicked her out and she now has to find a new high school. She had the police called on her several times due to her popping pills after guy after guy keeps breaking up with her. Frankly, she disgusts me, I think shes a loser, and vowed since I left my house I want nothing to do with her ever again.
I'd talk to my dad and we'd have a usual conversation and in the end he'd butt in "So your sister is going to be in a beauty pageant this weekend son..", Me: "Okay...You know how I feel about her, I don't want to talk about it" Him: "Keep your fingers crossed son, if she gets this something good could happen with her". Me (Getting pissed off.) "I still don't care, and I don't think she'll get it." Him: "You're not being very nice son, I'll have to let you go." Me: "Have to let me go? You know shes always been a hot topic talking about around me, why even ask me that?" Him: "Goodbye son." Now my mother just shows up to say hi, we're having a good conversation. Suddenly, de ja vu, "So your sister is going to be in a beauty pageant today", (Me fuming on the inside) "Why is everyone telling me this????" She steps out for a moment and then comes back in, my good mood obviously dropped, "Why are you acting dramatic?", Me: "Because I don't care what she does, I have no respect for her, don't care about her pageant, and I know she won't win anyhow." Coincidentally, I am a signed male model, I make good money. My disgust for my sister aside, professionally I've seen people come and go at open calls, and I know she would never fit the bill for 'modeling' material. Is this why my parents keep relaying this to me?
bobo edited the following: Helena
Well, you have the right to feel this way about your sister but your parents never will - they are probably feeling proud of her for the first time and are very sad you don't want to know her. They are hoping you may warm to her a bit and that this is a way to mend bridges.
bobo edited the following: biffyclyroisgod!
There are many reasons why they could continuously be telling you this.
1) They might think that because you're a male model, you could get her in somewhere.
2) They want you to be proud of her.
3) They're trying to get you to see that she's changing.
There are loads more reasons, but I think that you need to (when this conversation comes round again) say to whoever brings it up, "Why do you keep telling me? I'm not proud of her, that sounds really bad, but I'm not. She's a disgrace, and no beauty pageant is going to change that. Just stop bringing it up. I know for a fact she wont make it, and don't say i don't know that, because I do. I'm in the modelling industry, and I know that she would never be what anyone is looking for. Now can you please just drop it?"
bobo edited the following: Saya
The only thing you can do is let your parents keep knowing your wishes.
What do you think? Answer below!
Orignal From: So my sister is in a beauty pageant, why should I care?
No comments:
Post a Comment