6.04.2011

Do you like these booths for skin can nail care products at the malls? Or are they too aggressive?


The other day I saw 4 people working from one booth and they stopped and confronted almost every person who walked within 20 feet of their booth. It makes me want to avoid shopping at the mall. Of course I want to avoid that anyway, but do you know what I'm talking about or is it just me?
Well today I went around one group, only to run into another on the other side. You can't escape them. I heard of someone who got some kind of lotion slapped on her hand by one of these people and broke out into hives. Another (a male) complained that they were working on his nails and it hurt.


bobo edited the following: Cass
I find them to be too agressive, plus they always make fun of your skin/nails/hair. Why would i want to buy something from someone who is making fun of me??

bobo edited the following: twoodshair
my husband is deaf so i act as if i'm paying attention to what he's saying; no one bothers me when i'm with him.
if i'm not with him, i glare at the people so they won't bother me.

bobo edited the following: greengo
WAYYY too aggressive.
I am polite, and it makes me very uncomfortable

bobo edited the following: Squirrel
I hate them! They should outlaw that type of selling.

bobo edited the following: ..
Too aggressive, but that's their job.

On the other hand, one of them polished my thumbnail so shiny I was able to use it like a mirror to temporarily blind all the other kiosk workers who would have pounced on me.

bobo edited the following: mj
I sooooo agree, they are too aggressive. I guess we need to have a paddle that we hold up signifying , red for no thank you, or green for ,you can talk to me...One time, I even turned around and went the other way just to avoid them even though I was going to a particular store in their direction...What can we do....the malls need the money and the vender's need the money, It's called desperation.....

bobo edited the following: Amber
Personally I do not like in your face selling. That said, When I worked for Jackson Hewitt, they made us stand at the edge of the kiosk and try to get customers. I have been more embarrassed in my life! I was giving away shirts and toys and people still ran! Why don't employers see that this is not effective marketing? I feel bad for the poor employees that gotta make an ass of themselves just to make a living.

bobo edited the following: zen
Actually, I was at the mall last weekend and this guy selling these vibrator things for your neck came up to..aggressively. I just said,"Don't touch me!' ha.

bobo edited the following: brevejunkie
I think they're too aggressive and also, what they sell is CRAP. If I wanted nice cosmetics/lotions, I'd go to Sephora. If I wanted a hair piece, I'd go to a store that specialized in it that sells quality items. If I wanted a video game system, I sure as heck wouldn't buy one of the junk ones they sell--I'd go to Toys R Us.

bobo edited the following: Phae
Too aggressive. I got caught by one a week ago, I had to peel the guy off me. No means no. Now I just keep walking, I don't want to be rude, but please take no as an answer.



Add your own answer in the comments!


Orignal From: Do you like these booths for skin can nail care products at the malls? Or are they too aggressive?

No comments:

Post a Comment