4.30.2011

Q&A: nail care problem [NOT a fungus] with dryness?


I have a problem with my nail beds, the areas of skin surrounding my nails, cuticles, and fingertips. the problem is, they're dry and cracked, kind of like when I touch stockings or other materials like that, I can feel it scratching. its kind of like I have a million microscopic hangnails everywhere.

the worst part is . .
everyday I try to manicure them and I see the same problem day after day.

I don't know if its genetic because my moms nails are like that but 100 times worse, but neither side of my grandparents have terrible nails like that so I don't understand.

I know this was long but please help me .


bobo edited the following: okathome225
1. Could be eczema.
2. Could be dryness from washing hands frequently and/or dry air especially in winter. I use hand creams every day in winter - at least once.
3. Try hand creams first after each washing
4. If no improvement after a few days, see a doctor/dermatologist



Add your own answer in the comments!


Orignal From: Q&A: nail care problem [NOT a fungus] with dryness?

No comments:

Post a Comment