Once I was finally finished, my breathing returned to normal. Then I remembered I wasn’t alone. I glimpsed back to see Jason
“You alright now?” he asked with a hint of what sounded like concern. I nodded my head and turned to face him completely.
“I’m surprised you actually care.”
A small smile stretched across his face and he crossed his arms.
“I’m not completely heartless.”
“Yeah, okay.” I shook my head and walked away. Before I reached the stairs, I glanced behind me and noticed Jason stayed where he was. A thoughtful expression was on his face. His eyes stared blankly ahead. “Well,” I started. “Are you coming?” He finally looked up. His green eyes met mine for a moment before looking back down.
“Yeah, sure.” Hesitantly, He followed me up the stairs and was about to walk back to his room when he stopped.”You’re really stupid sometimes. You know that?”
“Well I see the your nice phase is over.” I sighed. “Okay, what do you mean?”
“Why the hell would you yell at Eric like that? I could hear you from my room!” I cringed at Jason’s enraged tone. Thankfully, he managed to regain his composure before continuing to speak. “Why do you always have to fight back? I mean, that wasn’t even your fuck*ng fight. If you stop talking back, he wouldn’t hurt you so often.” Even though he had a point I couldn’t bring myself to admit it. I didn’t have to. He already knew he was right and he knew I thought so too. But now he wanted an explanation. After a few minutes of silence, I still couldn’t come up with one.
“I…I know.” I mumbled. My gaze dropped to the floor but I could still feel Jason’s stare. He was obviously waiting for more. “I don’t know why I retaliate, okay? If I could stop, I would have a long time ago. He just…he gets me so mad. It’s like a reflex. I can’t just sit there and watch him torture my best friend to death.” My hands curled up in fists and my jaw clenched. Just thinking about Eric’s smug grin ignited the fuming hatred that burned inside me.
“Hey, cool it okay?” He put his hand on my shoulder. ” It’s over now.” The minute the words came out of his mouth I could see the uncertainty on his face.
“It’s not.” I reminded him in a low stern tone. “You know that.”
He ran his fingers through his hair before walking off without another word. As soon as he was back in his room, I walked back to mine.
A few minutes passed by and I was just drifting off when my door opened. My body shot up and I saw Eric standing in the doorway.
“You’re going to be starting school soon.” He stated firmly. A small smile lit my face, but I was skeptical. He was so against the idea of High School, since there were other people there I could tell. The risk of any one of us ratting him out was apparently too high.
“What made you change your mind?” I asked curiously.
“You’re social workers damn curiosity.”His tone of voice was obviously displeased but luckily he looked too tired to take his anger out on me. “That b*tch called asking if you were all settled into your new school. I told her you were starting next week.”
I looked at him without saying a word and he stepped closer, grabbing my arms tightly. “I swear, If you tell anyone anything…” He snarled.
“I know.” I interrupted. “I’ll pay the consequences.”
- Selina Swift(:
Very interesting. It’ll leave the readers reading more, because you said something about hurting your best friend to death, and its amazeing. Good Job. I want to read more^^
- Kristen D
that is sooooo sooooo good…..i also write books!!!!!
What do you think? Answer below!
Orignal From: Is this an interesting part to my story?
No comments:
Post a Comment