3.18.2011

Ladies, how much time do you spend on personal care/beauty?


This is just an opinion question, no need to answer if you do not feel comfortable.

How much time do you average daily/weekly on personal care/beauty? What does your beauty routine include (example: weekly manicure/pedicure, spa visits, hair salon, etc)?

Now if you do not consider yourself to be high maintenance...what traits do you consider to be high maintenance? If you do consider yourself to be high maintenance, do you believe it is important for women to be vain about their looks?

This is for a woman's studies class. I value your feedback and honesty. All feedback is reported as 100% anonymous (although I don't think anyone uses their full names on Y/A) Thanks in advance :)


Answer by Erika
I take a 20 min shower every 2 days; wash my face, armpits and privates daily. After shower apply lotion to legs and arms. I wax (legs) every other week or so. It takes me about 20 minutes to get ready in the morning (pick clothes, clothe, brush hair, arrange hair, brush teeth, some mascara and go) About twice a week I remove and apply nailpolish (depending on what I do 10min to 30min usually + further drying, but I'm doing other things then already) Usually dye my hairgrowth every 5 weeks. I cut my own hair (when I feel like it).

Answer by Barbie™
1) I get my hair trimmed every 6 weeks, I wash it every three days and deep condition it every week. Everyday I spend an hour doing my hair up so I consider this to be the most high maintenance part of me.
2)Eyebrows threaded every 6 weeks
3)Nails every week (French Manicure for my fingers and a pedicure on my toes)
4)I visit the spa a lot during the holidays but oherwise no
5)I get my teeth cleaned every 6 weeks and whitened every holiday

I think I am pretty high maintenance but it's part of my job but I do not think it's important for a woman to be vain, intelligence and a good heart will get you everything you need.

Answer by niche
I really do not record the time for my personal care,but it seems to be like,umm,45 mins.?Do you think its bad enough?I tell you,my classmates are worse.Sometimes they would end up bathing for 2 hours!!!And I do not actually put cosmetics on my face,but my friends do..

Answer by Mila
I spend about three hours every day doing my hair and makeup. I only bathe or shower about three times a week though. I hate fake nails, so that's not part of my beauty routine. I would say i spend the most time on my eye makeup. I like it to be perfect and really intricate.

Answer by balubaby
I dont consider myself to be high maintenance.

I go to the salon twice a year.

I cut my nails when they need to be cut(at home) and clean them daily.

Ive only gotten 2 facials in my life so far (im 21) and one of them was free with my hair cut.

The only thing i actually enjoy spending money on is my hair. I can go through an entire bottle of condition in a week...but my hair needs it.

I think a high maintenance girl would go to the salon/spa weekly to get nails done, eyebrows, and prob get a facial monthly. She would spoil herself with clothing and shoes and probably wear those weird extensions in her hair. She never leaves the house looking like a bum unless shes wearing juicy Couture sweats with expensive flip flops and sunglasses and even then, her hair and makeup will be fully done. Just my opinion...ooo and they buy expensive wallets...come on now 250.00 for something you are going to put money in...hmm....

Answer by skye
a lot...maybe too much time. its easy to get obsessed with one's looks. My best friend also usually stands infront of the mirror for about 20 minutes when deciding on an outfit...and then she starts to put on eye liner...mascara...concealer...straightens her hair...does lipstick and earrings..we are not like models or anything, maybe thats why we try so hard to look fab.

Answer by It's only me...☮
I don't think im high maintenance, but at the same time i think i take care of myself:

1 - 20 min shower daily (shampoo & condition hair, face wash - exfoliate twice weekly - wash body)

2 - Brush and blow dry hair (straighten a bit of needed). This usually takes about 15 mins.

3 - Make up, about 5mins - moisturiser, liquid foundation, power, bit of eye liner, mascara

4 - Then i do things like shave legs/ armpits/ bikini regularly, paint my toenails, moisturise legs and arms daily after shower, get brows waxed monthly (they grow fast!), etc

I dont really get pedis/manis unless its a special occasion or something, and as for hair i try to get in there for a trim and/or highlights about every 2-3 months.

High maintenance would be taking excessivly long in the shower/ bathroom doing your hair and makeup, constant trips to salon and stuff (big waste of money!), besically a girl who makes you dread going anywhere with her cause you know she will take forever and probably make you late.

And yes i think it is important for women to have some degree of vanity, as lets face it the world is always judging us! If we dont try, its "that old hag!" and if we take to long we're selfish and vain haha (which can be true!). i think you just need to find the right balance :)

Hope this helped!

Answer by aqh
As much time as I can. I visit an all in one spa once a week, I know that im high maintenance, its not a matter of being vain its wanting to feel and look good.

Answer by Eames
I spend about 20 minutes a day on personal care care. This includes styling my hair and applying makeup. I get a manicure/pedicure every two weeks and get my hair cut every six weeks.

I definitely consider myself a low-maintenance woman. To me, a high-maintenance woman is someone who has to spend a lot of time and money on beauty procedures and primping. She is also someone who cannot or will not live without these things. She relies mostly on beauty products and procedures to make her beautiful, instead of other things like eating well, exercising, and being happy (all of which can make you quite beautiful on their own).

Answer by Redd
Daily:
Shower-for how ever long I feel
Hair-Comb my hair or brush it 3 mins
Dressed-10 mins
brush my teeth 3 mins
wash my face 1 min

Wash my hair every 3 days
Work out 3x a week

Every two weeks:
Paint my toe nails but not my fingernails and I don't know why 15 mins
Maybe straighten my hair takes about two hours (usually wear it curly)

Trim my hair when I see split ends
Arch my eye brows a little bit when ever they start to look bushy 3 mins.
Shave when ever im exposing that part of my body that needs to be shaved15 mins(in the winter I don't wear shorts or show my legs,so guess what I don't shave them.)

I do not wear make up even though I'm 18 years old I think I look pretty with out it. I'll only wear make up for a special occasion,if I want to look older,or stand out more. No I don't consider myself to be high maintenance. I can take care of basic Hygiene,throw my hair in pony tail,wear a tee shirt and jeans and be fine. Every now and than its nice to dress up though.



Add your own answer in the comments!


Orignal From: Ladies, how much time do you spend on personal care/beauty?

No comments:

Post a Comment