3.23.2011

I feel like my dentist is ripping me off, can someone in this career field help me out please.?

Okay, so in April (approx) I had a root canal done.


About 2-3 weeks ago I had a cavity filled on one of my teeth, but I went back to my dentist today because I was feeling pain on one of my teeth.

The assistant accidentally took an x-ray on the wrong side, but they noticed that I apparently had a “huge infection” and that it was a root canal. He told me that it was so bad that it was getting into my bone.

But the weird thing is, when I had the root canal in April, and they were taking x-rays W H Y didn’t they notice this “huge infection” the teeth are right next to each other.. and I’m also feeling ZERO pain where this infection is, is this normal?


Also, I asked him how I got this infection and he said “your previous dentist must have left some of the cavity behind” or “went too deep into the tooth” but the funny thing is, he was the last person that filled my cavity.


I’m just really confused because I take pretty good care of my teeth, and i’ve never had an problems with my teeth, but now it seems like im at the dentist every month. I really don’t want to switch my dentist cause he is honestly VERY GOOD, but I feel like hes trying to rip me off.


He also prescribed me some medicine to take so the infection can go down.


What do you think, is he right? or is he just trying to pull money out of my pockets.


Thanks in advance guys!♥


- grandpa walleye
Without seeing his records and the x-rays he took, it is impossible to say for sure. But if you have any doubts you can request that they be sent to another dentist for a second opinion. Good luck.


- milly.milltown
I’m not in the dental field, but you always have the right to a second opinion, especially if you feel you might be taken advantage of. Is going to another dentist, at another practice an option? If so, I would strongly encourage you to do so. It’s your mouth, you need to make sure you’re making the decisions and getting all the information necessary to make the best choice for you.


Good luck! Don’t get taken advantage of!


- An excellent advice giver
Your infection probably happened after treatment, not present during your last visit. Also sometimes root canals are not perfectly done. All dentists can do root canals HOWEVER you should go to a specialist called an ENDODONTIST for root canals. They are dentists who went back to college to train to do root canals perfectly as well as other procedures. Basically all day long endodontists do root canals on people. So to get it done right you want an endodontist.

Open a phone book and go to an endodontist for a second opinion OR see a different dentist (not in the same practice) for a second opinion. Your dentist just might not be that great at doing root canals.


Or you probably had an old filling before seeing this dentist and the cavity was still there or a new cavity started to form or the same cavity continued to grow. Sometimes teeth cant be saved with a filling.


If you are worried get a second opinion else where and if the next dentist says the same thing then you know your dentist is probably doing a good job.


Add your own answer in the comments!




Orignal From: I feel like my dentist is ripping me off, can someone in this career field help me out please.?

No comments:

Post a Comment