The day care has 2 nail salons in the building. I am worried about air contamination etc.
Would you put your kids in there?
I didnt notice any fumes but the place is RIGHT next door
Answer by traceyandjames
not if i could smell the fumes like you do when you walk by a nail salon.
Answer by Vegan_Mom
I think, in part, it would be dependent on how close the day care was to the salons. If one was next door, with no space between the businesses (as in a town's downtown buildings or a strip mall), probably not. However, if there was space between them (at least one business), maybe. I would question abut it with the director, but I might still be suspicious. (After all, the director might say everything is fine, dandy and pure just to get your kid in for your money. I worked at a day care like that for just two weeks, before kids. That was enough of a day care experience for me.) I agree in that the fumes from salons are toxic. The people at nail salons don't wear the masks because they look pretty.
Answer by Ella's Mommy
Those fumes are strong! If i could smell the fumes i wouldn't put my kid in that daycare. If it was it's own sperate daycare, with doors and own air, and i couldn't smell any fumes then i *might* consider it. I'd probably just fine a bigger daycare, i'm not a fan of those little daycare centers anyway.
Answer by This world is ǝpısdn uʍopツ
What kind of day care opens next to a nail salon. Pretty stupid on their part for parents that actually care about their children. Even if you can't outwardly smell the fumes, they are still there and it's not healthy to breathe in all that crap from fake nails on a long term basis. So my answer is no, I would not put our daughter in day care there.
Answer by too lady to rest
1. Indoor contamination: Ask if the suites each have their own air conditioning or if the systems are combined/intertwined. Then ask other business in the building to see if you get the same answer. If they don't know, get the number of the owner and ask them. If the ductwork is shared, I would not use the daycare.
2. Outdoor contamination: In theory some crap could build up outside from the salon's door opening/closing and get in the daycare when the door is opened, but unless you can smell it, I doubt this is a real concern.
Answer by belladonna112
So ask lots of questions, they may be on separate ventilation units. You will never know until you investigate.
Give your answer to this question below!
Orignal From: Would you put your children in a day care that is next door to a nail salon?
No comments:
Post a Comment