My stand on the issue, is that age doesn’t matter. I think that there are some teenagers who are 16 and 17 that make wonderful parents, such as myself. There are others, who are 14 and 13 who just don’t know how to parent because they can’t. I think if you have the ability to pay and care for a child, you can be a mother.
With me, I know I’m a good mom. I’m graduating high school early. I’ll be done by October, because I’ve been in advanced placement classes since sophomore year. So, I’ll be at home with my daughter at all times. My boyfriend will work while I’m at home for a while, but I have been at work since day 1 of my pregnancy, and still am. I’m also going to college for 2 years, and my mom will only watch my daughter for 4 hours a day. Once I graduate, I’ll be getting a job as a dental hygienist and making $ 30 an hour. I’ll be as successful as any mother twice my age. And, I’m getting married next July. (So excited.)
I have completely stepped up in being a mother, and I know that I am highly capable of raising a beautiful and independent woman. I’m going to do for her what my biological mother didn’t do for me. I don’t care what anyone says or thinks. I know there are people rooting for me to fail, but they will be sadly mistaken and I will prove them all wrong.
In general, what do you think of a mother who can care for her baby? Does it truly matter if she’s 16 or 17 if she has a life plan and can love the child? I honestly think not.
Teeth Care Blog
Orignal From: What is your honest opinion on teen mothers?
No comments:
Post a Comment