Question by max_sterling003: haircare ??
Okay so Ive been getting my hair cornrowed for the last couple months and everytime I take it out it seems like a lot of hair comes out with it. I used to get it plated and it didnt seem like it was that much at the time. Anyway is this normal or is there something that Im supposed to do to make that not happen?
Best answer:
Answer by Girl360
It's likely one of three things: you're not using enough moisurizer, not washing often enough, or the person braiding is braiding way too tight. It's probably the braider pulling too much, though.
Even though you're braiding it up, make sure you're still "feeding" your hair, and washing it accordingly. :)
Answer by jaydee1389
i think that loosing hair when you take ur braids out is natural since i go through the same thing when i take my hair out i guess its all the pulling when ur getting ur braids done
Answer by lockesmith
It is normal and natural to loose 100 hairs a day. When your hair is on corn rows this natural shedding still happens, but the hair is stuck in the braids. When the corn rows are removes, all that hair comes out at once. Not to worry. You are not loosing your hair from the rows.
Answer by Lorrie
Girl360 and really all of them are right, as a woman, I can tell you the longer and or thicker the hair, the more it sheds, simply because there's more TO SHED anyway and of course hair shedding is a natural process just like the shedding of dead skin cells. Everyone's hair grows...but if your ends break off as fast it grows, then you show no real length change at all, despite the growth achieved.
Check out these quotes from a website on growing out hair by the famous Cathy Howse.
"http://www.ubhpublications.com/HairTips/BraidsA.html#13
"but breaking- the braids could also be causing some of your problems if they are being put in too tightly."
"you still must moisturize every day even with the braids in."
Answer by mr. missy
Sorry to hear about your problem. It is normal for you to have some hair come out because you are not combing your hair every day when you wear cornrows. I wear my hair cornrowed all the time so what I do is make sure that I use a conditioner that strenghtens my hair, and I also use a detangler product in my hair when I take it out , so the comb don't pull my hair to much. I also leave my hair out some times for a day or so to breath.
Answer by ken d
Taking Care of Hair
http://www.askaquery.com/Answers/qn1535.html
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Orignal From: haircare ??
No comments:
Post a Comment